1. Tenant shall respect the right of other residents and neighbors and shall not unreasonably disturb them. Tenants shall avoid excessive noise especially after 11:00 pm, including the playing of electronic devices such as radios, televisions and music.
2. Tenants shall comply with state laws and regulations regarding the consumption of alcoholic beverages, including those defining legal drinking age. No alcoholic beverages shall be consumed in public areas outside the leased premises, including hallways, porches and lawns. No keg or party- balls or other parties are permitted and shall be cause for termination of the lease agreement and forfeiture of all money and paid. We will periodically check apartments for lease violations.
3. Tenants shall not park motor vehicles on lawns, sidewalks, or in a manner to block garbage removal and shall comply with the state and local tragic laws and ordinances.
4. Tenants shall maintain the leased premises in a clean and orderly manner. Tenants shall sweep sidewalks, porches, hall and steps and remove debris from walks and lawns.
5. Tenants shall be responsible for the removal of snow and ice from the access to their apartment including but not limited to, sidewalks, porches and steps, including breaks.
6. Tenants shall properly bag and secure garbage and place it in the area designated for weekly collections. Tenants shall keep the collections are, to include porches and common areas, free from litter and debris. Borough ordinance requires all garbage to be in a plastic bag and to be placed in garbage cans or dumpsters.
7. No animals shall be kept in or about the leased premised. NO PETS.
8. No water beds are permitted in the leased premises, without written permission by the landlord.
9. Tenants shall not make holes in the walls with nails, tacks or other devices. Tenants must secure permission of landlord before using tape of any kind on the walls.
10. Tenants shall not paint the interior of the leased premises or alter its fixtures or appliances without the written consent of the landlord.
11. Tenants are responsible for their own mail over academic breaks and holidays Tenants shall notify post office of forwarding address up termination of lease.
12. Tenants are not permitted to change the locks to their apartment or to make any additional keys.
13. Upon terminations of the lease agreement, tenants shall return all keys to the landlord. A charge of $25.00 per day will be assessed to anyone not returning his or her key on the ending date of the lease.
14. Let is also be understood and agreed that there will be NO “parties” allowed. NO Kegs of beer or party balls are permitted upon the premises under any circumstances.
15. Any clogging repair or damage done to plumbing due to carelessness or personal hygiene products, hair, or food particles, etc. shall be the responsibility of the tenant. A minimum of $35.00 will be charged to call a plumber. There will be additional charges if an electric ell is required.
16. Tenants are not permitted on rooftops for sunbathing or any other activities.
17. There will be no open flames in or around the leased property. Gas grills are acceptable, charcoal grills aren’t.
18. There will be a $35.00 fee for all returned checks.
19. Only standard window covering are permitted, drapes, curtains, blinds. Flags, towels, sheets are not permitted to be hung at windows.
20. Fire extinguishers and Smoke alarms are placed in the units for your safety. They should not be tampered with. Any repairs needing done due to tampering will be charged to the tenants. Any damage or injury resulting from smoke alarms and fire extinguisher made inoperable by tenants will be the responsibility of the tenant.
21. Tenants shall be responsible for all family members, guests and invitees who must comply with all the above rules and regulations when visiting the leased premises. Guests are not permitted to stay overnight without advanced permission by the landlord. A two-day limit on guests staying will be enforced.
22. Landlord cannot be held responsible for losses due to the breakdown of a refrigerator or other major appliances.
23. Any fees due for fines, damage, utilities, etc., will be billed and due immediately.
24. Satellite dishes are not permitted.
25. Paintball guns and paintballs are not permitted on the premises.
26. Apartments with washers and dryers are there for your convenience. If the washer or dryer breaks and has been determined to be caused by the tenant, the tenant will be responsible for the cost of repairs.
27. Tenant agrees that any drug activity or possession of illegal drugs will result in immediate eviction.
28. The thermostat is set to a comfortable level by the landlord. The thermostat, which is locked, is not to be tampered with. Damage by tampering will be charged in equal parts to tenants.
29. Smoke alarms have been installed in every leased premise, according to local safety ordinances. No smoking, candle burning, incense burning is permitted inside the leased premises. Tenants will be charged $100.00 per occurrence and multiple occurrences are reason for eviction.
30. Tenants who occupy furnished apartments shall exercise reasonable care in the use of the furnishing and shall return them to the landlord at the termination of the lease in as good condition as they were received, absent normal wear and tear. Any excessive damage shall be subject to additional charges at end of lease regarding security deposit.